Monday, June 05, 2006

Dear reader

Friday, June 09, 2006

Dear Reader,

Finally, English 97 class is almost over. Writing was a struggle for me at the beginning of the class. Learning and remembering the rules of punctuation marks was a challenge, how about recognizing subordinate clause and main clause? Using subordinating conjunction, conjunctive adverbs and coordinating conjunction, was quite overwhelming for me. To someone else might considered easy, but for me,which English is my second language, is a struggle everyday. The big challenge was taking my ideas and put into words.

I did not see the importance of writing until now, when I have to write friends. Can you imagine writing someone and cannot even start the first sentence? Forcing yourself to write? Unsure what words to use? Not familiar with the sentence structure? There are times I would like to write a friend to apologize, make comment, share ideas, talk about the old good memories or talk about the future and other endless things that were in my mind but I cannot. I could say one reason that contributed my handicap in writing was not having the right tools. It cripples me for not being able to speak or write what inside my mind.

Writing is too complex and complicated if you are not familiar on how to write. That is the main reason why I enrolled in English 97. Gradually the writing became less painful and stressful, and I started to become comfortable in writing. I cannot believe myself that I wrote 19 journals and 3 major writing assignments. Wow! That is a big step for me, a person who never write more that three sentences! Not only that I over come my fear of writing, but It also help me to read and write well. “Everything is possible if I put effort into it.” I often tell myself. So I finally did it!

I used discriptive words and phrases in one of my selected pieces entitled "Childhood Escapes". The other journal entitled, "Childhood Games" I used the process method while the "Skeleton 2", I have to add sentences to create Ideas to lead to an interesting story. The last one was the, "The Perfect Escape" a major homework assignment, the most challenging for me. The combination of different methods such descriptive words or phrases and show not tell. The four pieces is quite personal, and I am sharing it with you. Let me know what you think. Enjoy reading...

1 Comments:

Blogger Ilangilang said...

Thanks Craig, you interested in my writing? :)

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home